What is Microblading?
Microblading is a form of semi-permanent makeup. It is a manual process of implanting color pigment into the upper layer of the skin with the use of handheld tool and tiny, sterile, disposable needle to deliver the appearance of hair strokes, makeup, or to enhance the brow definition and natural features of the face.
How long does Microblading last?
This varies from person to person. Microblading is considered semi-permanent and they will fade over time. Microbladed eyebrows last 1 to 2 years for most people before a touch-up is needed. Touch-ups are normal for microblading with each new procedure requiring 2 visits. A follow up touch up is recommended within 6-8 weeks after the initial procedure. If your skin is very oily, Microblading is not recommended as the end result may appear more powdery and will most likely need more touch-up. The constant production of oil will cause the hairstrokes to heal with a diffused and powdery look. Please note that final results CANNOT be guaranteed as each client's skin type will respond differently in healing time, color retention and number of sessions needed for desired results.
Does it hurt?
We use a medical grade topical anesthetic for numbing the treated area before and during your procedure to make you feel comfortable and pain free as possible.
Should I book a consultation?
Consultation is done on the actual date of your microblading procedure. However, you are welcome to email any questions you may have. Prior to booking an appointment, please ensure to read the FAQ, precare and aftercare.
Can I get my eyebrows microbladed if they were previously tattooed/microbladed?
If you have had your eyebrows previously tattooed/microbladed, unfortunately we do not offer cover-up or correction services. If your previous work is too dark, dense, discolored or large, we highly recommend a tattoo removal. Some special cases may be considered. Please send us an email with a clear unedited photo (with no makeup) of your eyebrows for evaluation prior to booking.
When should I get a touch-up? How many treatments are needed?
For most clients, Microblading requires a minimum of two treatments (initial procedure and follow-up touch up) at least 6-8 weeks apart to allow for the healing process to complete. Please note that the frequency of touch-ups depends on various factors. Final results cannot be guaranteed as each skin type heals differently and pigment break down at different rates.
Can I get microblading if I’m pregnant or nursing?
As a precaution, we do not perform microblading on pregnant or nursing women.
How old do I have to be to get Microblading?
You must be 18 years or older.
Who is ineligible for Microblading?
Although microblading is fantastic for most people, there are some individuals who are not eligible for the microblading procedure. We do not provide microblading for the following:
- Are under 18 years old
- Are pregnant or nursing
- Have diabetes, glaucoma or on blood thinning medications
- Have transmittable blood disease such as HIV/Hepatitis
- Have skin cancer or any kind of skin condition near the treatment area (i.e. shingles, psoriasis, rashes, eczema or anything else near eyebrows)
- Are undergoing chemotherapy
- Have keloid scarring or post-inflammatory hypopigmentation
- Have hemophilia
- Have severe acne or taking skin medications like Accutane and steroids (you must be off of Accutane for one year)
- Have allergies to alcohol or numbing agents/ topical anesthetics
- Have heart problems, healing disorders, uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Have allergies to makeup or colors
- Cosmetic procedures such as botox/fillers around the treated area should be completed 4 weeks in advance
- Have a dark, dense, discolored or large pre-existing eyebrow tattoo/microblading. Please send us an email with a clear unedited photo (with no makeup) of your eyebrows for evaluation prior to booking.
How long is the appointment?
Microblading generally requires 2 treatments at least 6-8 weeks apart to allow for the healing process to complete. The initial appointment will take about takes 2-3 hours.