After Your Microblading Session
Please gently rinse your microbladed area with lukewarm water. Pat the area dry (do not rub) with disposable paper towel or gauze and gently apply a very thin layer of the post-care cream that has been given to you with a cotton swab. Please keep the area clean and continue to repeat this treatment 3-5 times a day for the first 7 days.
What To Avoid
The following must be avoided during the microblading healing process:
- Soaps, shampoos or other cleansers on the treated area for the first 7 days
- Keep your face away from the shower stream for 2 weeks
- Activities that will cause sweating (i.e. working out,sports, etc.) for 2 weeks
- Swimming, jacuzzis, sauna, steam, hot bath or other bodies of water for 2 weeks
- Sun tanning, UV/UVA rays or chemicals for 30 days
- Smoke, dust, dirt and debris for the first 7 days
- Any laser or chemical treatments or peelings, and/or any creams containing Alpha Hydroxyls (AHAs), Retin-A, Glycolic acid for 30 days
- Picking, peeling or scratching the microbladed area
- Touching the treated area except for when rinsing and applying the post-care cream with a cotton swab
- Application of any makeup to the microbladed area for 2 weeks
- Vaseline, moisturizer, Neosporin or other petroleum based products while healing
- Applying any anti-acne products or lightening creams such as hydroquinone to the treated area while healing.
What to Expect During and After Your Microblading Session
The complete healing process takes about 6-8 weeks depending on your skin regeneration. During this process, your brows will go through several phases.
Immediately following your procedure, your microbladed brows will appear natural and start getting darker and bolder in color. The pigment will appear much darker the next day and can last up to a week. You may experience a little discomfort as the treated area may feel a little tender like a sunburn after the treatment.
During the initial healing period, you will also experience minimal scabbing or flaking of the skin. This is just the superficial color and dry skin being naturally removed from your eyebrows. Please do not pick and allow the scab or dry skin to naturally shed on its own.
The brows will gradually soften and may appear lighter in a few days. At times, even with proper care, clients may feel that color has faded too quickly or lose original hairstrokes in certain areas. This is normal as your skin is still regenerating and naturally exfoliating. Please wait until 6-8 weeks so touch-up/adjustment can be made.
After 2 weeks, always apply a layer of sunscreen SPF 30 up to SPF 50 on your eyebrows when exposed to the sun. Sun exposure may cause the color pigment to fade away more quickly.